Specialized Textiles and Apparel
Vertical integration of the supply chain, allowing easy market access
Weaving a bright and responsible future with a vertically integrated industry
The textile and apparel sector is one of the main engines for the development of El Salvador, with a value chain that has been consolidating and integrating towards more value added products.
The dynamic process of vertical integration of the industry has incorporated all production activities of the textile and apparel chain, from the production of fibers, manufacture of yarns and fabrics, product design, garment manufacturing and the associated logistics, besides offering countless opportunities to enter new businesses in the upper and lower end of the value chain and related activities.
- Manufacture of yarns and Fabrics (Natural and synthetic)
- Manufacture of knitted garments with accessories and embellishments (embroidery, screen printing, heat transfers, etc.), athletic wear, sportswear, performance wear and swimwear.
- Manufacture of garments included in the "Cut and Assemble" Rule of Origin category: bras, girl dresses, boxer shorts, sleepwear, luggage, among others.
- It is the only country that has been able to develop a full synthetic cluster in Central America.
- El Salvador has significant competitive advantages for the location of textile and apparel companies, highlighting the speed to market and geographic proximity, complemented with free trade agreements that give access to an important customer market. The Free Trade Agreements El Salvador offers with several countries allows access to a potential market of 1,200 million customers worldwide.
- The Yarn forward rule of origin granted by the CAFTA-DR, allows free access for qualifying textile and apparel products made using U.S. and/or Central America-DR yarns and fabrics (nylon, polyester, micro fiber, among others –products paying a 32% tariff when imported from Asia through the U.S.)
- El Salvador has one of the most competitive labor costs in Central America, including fringe benefits and a qualified workforce that outstands in the region.